Friday, May 13, 2005

It's Bee-You-Tee-Full!!



2 Days to Las Vegas

Check out the picture above. Notice how detailed the 3D model is, from the reflections on its surface all the way down to its tyre treads. In fact if you look closely enough, you could probably see little itty-bitty bugs squashed between the treads as the car drove to its destination in this garage.

Now what would you say if I told you that the above picture is actually a screen shot (yup, it's an in-game shot) of a new game for the upcoming Playstation 3? Yes, I too began babbling and drooling like an idiot upon hearing that. You are forgiven.

Gran Turismo PS3

Also check out the screen-shot of the future Gran Turismo for the Playstation 3. You see the shadows of the leaves on the road? Well, know that they aren't 'textures'. Those are actually REAL shadows cast by the in-game foliage thanks to the games new-fangled lighting algorithms. Amazing!


Bang Bang, Reload

I can't wait for 2006! Any more delays and I'll personally shoot Howard Stringer myself. I'm just kidding!.... or am I?

PS: Howard Stringer is Sony's new CEO, but of course you already knew that. Why am I telling you this?

2 Comments:

Blogger Emp23 said...

playstation shall never beat PC! console fanboys have been warned.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Cant compare apples to oranges man. Console-based gaming offers an experience no PC can match, and vice versa. The best would be to have both of them, that's what I always say...hahah. PCs for their excellent strategy, adventure and simulations, and consoles for their all out action, beat-em ups, etc.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home