Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Labour Day and Bachelors

Laborers in the Fields and Offices

After a 3-day weekend, I know that I should be heading to the office this morning feeling fresh and rejuvenated. Raring to take on another week of challenges and opportunities. By right that's how I should feel right?

Far from it.

I'm feeling pretty knackered right now. The flu which has been bugging me for the past 2 weeks doesn't seem to have subsided. My nose is still a leaky faucet of all things gooey and slimy. I also felt that I should have done more during the weekend. I mean, it's not like a 3-day weekend comes around very often ya know. I should have squeezed it for all it's worth, hedonistically draining every single minute and every second!

Instead, I spent the most part of the weekend sleeping. Argghhh!!!

During the few odd hours which I was awake, I did find some time to bonds with my colleagues, and also support my 3 CLEO Bachelor friends as they took to the stage at Zouk.


The BBQ that could have been

We had such grand plans. Everything from the menu to the size of the BBQ grilled had been planned to a T. Why, one of the managers even bought a brand spanking new BBQ grill for the occassion. All this was done to celebrate my boss's birthday, and also to commemorate the opening of their new pool.



This was last Friday night.

As you all may recall, it rained last friday night. And like rain water getting flushed down the drainage systems of Bangsar, so too did our BBQ plans. In the end, we spent the night sitting indoors munching on BBQ flavored chips from Lay's. Bummer.






CLEO Bachelor's Night at Zouk

Well whaddaya know, 3 of my friends have been chosen to be CLEO's top 50 most eligible bachelors for the year 2006. Amazing! I never knew I had such 'sexy' (well, according to CLEO at least...ahahah) friends. They are none other than Liang, Aloysius Wee and Calvin Jacob.

Being the good friend that I am, I dropped by Zouk to watch them embarass themselves. Dang, did that come out loud? I mean't 'to give them my support' or course. Hyuk hyuk.





In the end, none of my friends won the title of 'Best Bachelor'. Oh well, too bad. I thought that having a 'celebrity Bachelor' as a friend would have done wonders for my social status...muahahahah.

6 Comments:

Blogger ::Lord Apprentice:: said...

Calvin jacob? most eligible bachelor? wah lau ehhhhhhhhhhhh

12:22 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

lord apprentice : Stranger things have happened...hahahah. So how lar wei? When can we see u in the list?

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that could be a disastrous for 15-18 years old girls. :)

cradle-snatcher!

2:51 PM  
Blogger ::Lord Apprentice:: said...

sadly for those girls, i aint a bachelor anymore.

im sure wei yi is excited to know that eh... u sicko perv..hahaha

11:26 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Hahah, look who is calling who a cradle snatcher

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home