Monday, May 08, 2006

Winds of Change

Not Wesak day yet

Thanks to my friend's muddled knowledge of the yearly calender, I was led to believe that Wesak day falls on today. Imagine the jubilation I felt last Friday when I thought that a 3 day weekend was in store. Oh well, at least I have this Friday to look forward to. Me and my sis will be dropping by Low Yatt Plaza for a morning of Laptop shopping.

Ooohh, buying tech gadgets always gives me goosebumps :) (warning, geek alert!)


Goodbye Kuala Lumpur

Today is also the day where I will be tendering my resignation with my current company. Yup, I got a new job! Praise the Lord! God is really amazing man. I didn't think that I would get such a good offer so soon. I mean, I only began sending out my applications 2 weeks ago. True, the job market now is really hot....but when I look at all the circumstances leading up to this job, it has to be God :)

So come 30 days from now, I will no longer have to work in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. Woo hoo! Goodbye crappy old, perpetually clogged Jalan Yap Kwan Seng and Jalan Ampang. Hello to the idyllic bliss (well, relatively lah) of Mont Kiara.





Having said that, I am gonna miss my current company. My colleagues are really great, and the company has so far been really good to me. Promotions seem to come readily, along with pretty decent yearly bonuses. Working in KL also has its benefits ler, in spite of all the times I've bitched about it.

I mean, in KL, really really good food is usually only a few minutes drive away. Who can forget the great 'lat jiu pan mee', or the fantastic char siu at Jalan Alor. Mmmmm...I'll definitely miss that. I hope Mont Kiara has good food, really. The thought of eating McDonalds day after day is enough to make me hurl and go into sporadic foaming fits.


Handphone shopping ..."Which is the cheapest ar?"

I decided to get myself a new phone along with a new line for my new job. Experience has taught me this, always keep your working phone separate from your personal phone. The last thing you want is annoying clients calling you up at 1 in the morning because they found out that you mispelled in the prospectus, the university they attended way back in 1979. Yeesh.

Anyway, I went to the handphone shop in Taipan and spotted a pretty nifty looking Samsung unit. Alright, truth be told, it was the price tag of RM499 which caught my attention. Since this phone will be used strictly for work, fancy-schmancy features such as a camera will not be required (unless you have a fetish for taking pics of your clients...ugghhh). Oh btw, did I mention that I am a huge fan of Samsung? Well, now you know.



Seeing your dad everyday will make you gay

On a less serious note (were the previous paragraphs all that serious to begin with?...hmmm), I read something in The Star today which caused me to burst out laughing while drinking a cup of milo, which resulted in me spewing out a geyser of milo through my nostrils.

This one chap called CTH (which I assume stands for Certified Transvestitie Hottie) wrote in to The Star saying this....
"Just when people think that husbands being homemakers is such a new and great idea, please spare some thought or the children. What kind of a role model would the house-husband make for a growing boy? He will probably grow up to be a feminine male and gay before long"
Ermmmm....so if a husband stays home to take care of his kids because he loves them and wants the best for them, he is inadvertantly telling them that "Hey, look at me, I am a sissy dad! You will now grow up to be a batty boy!".




Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the logic behind such conclusions continue to elude me. How in the WORLD do you draw the connection between a stay-home dad and rampant homosexual kids? So if the inverse were true, that means that kids with shitty dads who don't come home at all will grow up adjusted and straight?

My dad was never around when I grew up. So I guess that makes me the most macho, manly, testosterone packed male around lah. Sayyy, that doesn't sound too bad. Maybe this CTH is on to something...heh heh.

6 Comments:

Blogger ::Lord Apprentice:: said...

i think u've officially broken the scale in the "im-full-off-myself" category. heheh

congrats on the new job. when are u belanjaing us? kiasu boy! haha

11:19 AM  
Blogger frostee said...

Congrats to hear about the new job offer. Ph that familiar scene of KL. I work in Jln Sultan Ismail... and it's crazy!

All the best in yer new job. BTW... the Samsung looks good for a work phone. Go for it and it's affordable too!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Doreen said...

Best part is, Samsung phones have very loud ring tones! Heh. Congrats on the new job! :)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

lord apprentice : I thought I broke that scale a long time ago =)

I will belanja u 'soon'..ahahah

fon : you work in Jln Sultan Ismail? That's so near my office man. I am at Jln Yap Kwan Seng..heheh

doreen : thanks thanks! and yea, the ring tone is bloody loud!

6:29 PM  
Blogger frostee said...

Lucky you man. Hate it when it rains when we're about to leave the office. Grrrr... oh and Fridays are always jammed up too as all are leaving on time. Duh!

*Envy*

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home