Saturday, June 10, 2006

My Last Day at Horwath

It's been a long time

2 years 2 months. That's the amount of time I spent at Horwath. Though it may sound long, in reality everything passed by in a rush. Time sure flies, especially the older you get. It's an ironic paradox that the more time you wish you had, the less of it you have. But then again, life sometimes appears to be one big paradox at times doesn't it.



My time at Horwath will always be fondly remembered. The work was interesting, my colleagues were swell, the environment was great. However, after spending more than 2 years there, I knew it was time to turn the page to a new chapter of my life. I wonder what new challenges this next phase of my life will hold.

Only time will tell. Here are some pics taken from my last day at Horwath. This post isn't very interesting (I guess), but I hope you'll enjoy it all the same.



I vividly remember my first day at Horwath. The date was April 1st. Yup, April Fool's day. I arrived, was introduced to the rest of my department colleagues, and promptly began work. How unfamiliar and strange everything felt at that time. Such a stark contrast with the way I feel now. After more than 2 years spent plying the hallways of Horwath, I have grown fond of its sights and sounds. I know I will definitely miss the place.











Here are some pics of my work place. Yea, it looks all nice and neat now, but that's only because I already packed up most of my stuff. If you could see it 5 minutes before this pic was taken, it would have been a whole different story...hahaha.



I usually can't stand an untidy work place. But iIn my line of work, we deal with literally tons of documents. However when dead lines are looming, annoying clients are on the line with an irate email from the SC officer vying for your attention, trust me, the last thing on your mind would be house-keeping.







One of the things that I will miss most about Horwath is this, the books they have in the office library. Seriously, why buy when you can choose from loads of books covering all sorts of topics, from economics to management? Yes, some of you might find that boring...but its really quite interesting! Really!



During my time at Horwath, I've developed a sort-of routine. Every morning, I'll reach the mamak stall in front of my office block at around 7 am. There, I'll spend around an hour and a half catching up with my reading, while munching on my regular breakfast of milo ais, ais kosong and nasi lemak.

As anyone can tell you, the combination of milo and nasi lemak does wonders for your colon. Before you know it, you'll be feeling the 'urge' to let go a huge piece of chocolate cake. Which brings us to the next part of my daily routine...the throne.





Ok lah, I am exaggerating slightly. I don't go to the loo for big business EVERY SINGLE morning. Sometimes only. What do you think I am? Some sort of dung factory??



I've always like to brag over the fact that my office building has the WORST elevators in Kuala Lumpur, bar none. Sure, some people try to top me with horror stories of the elevators in their own offices. But c'mon, take a look at the pics below. Need I say more? Not only do the lifts at my office stink, and are stuffy as hell. They also periodically try to decapitate unsuspecting souls, with doors that won't respond to the 'open' and 'close' buttons. These doors are a menace I tell you.









On my last day at Horwath, my colleagues and I headed over to sevenatenine for a farewell dinner. It was kinda sad, knowing that I won't be seeing them for some time. True, corporate Malaysia is not that big a place, and I know we're bound to bump into one another soon enough, but it was still kinda sad. Good byes are always sad. Darn it.

























I am not really in the mood to post much today. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. Right now, Germany just beat Costa Rica 4-2 in the opening match for the World Cup. I'm knackered. I'm gonna go to bed now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bernice said...

I'm going to be back there in four days... How exciting is that?!?!?

4:42 AM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

hey, cool! Be sure to look all of us up when ur back :)

12:17 AM  
Blogger frostee said...

All ze best with your new chapter! And the golden triangle wishes you adios amigo! So long stupid jams eh?

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home