Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Karaoke Idol

Karaoke & Me

I don't know why I still continue going for karaoke. It always ends up the same. It begins with me feeling all pumped up, confidant that I will put in a stellar singing performance which will put Bo Bice to shame.

Sadly, things dont always turn out that way. Alrightttt, they NEVER turn out that way.

I admit, I'm a fan of bands such as U2, Bon Jovi and Aerosmith. In fact, I like them so much, I usually try to sing at least one of their songs in any given k-session. The operative word here is 'try', and boy do I TRY hard. What is it with all these macho men and their ball-shrinkingly, super-high singing abilities??

If I turn down the key a few notches, the chorus of U2's 'With or Without You' becomes manageable, BUT the verses end up sounding like Darth Vader on valium. Argghhh.. there is NO middle ground! It's either super high, or super low! Curse those rockers with their pitch perfect voices and broad vocal range!! @$#%@!!

Faced with such difficult songs, I'll usually end up croaking into the mic, sounding like an Avian-flue riddled duck. So disheartening man.

However, you have to hand it to the indomitable human spirit. No matter how many times a person gets 'beaten' down, quitting is never an option..hahah.

This is what brings me back constantly for more. Oh, and also due to the fact that it's a heck of a lot of fun. Really.

I'm a vocal masochist at heart.











Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger frostee said...

Haha! I totally get you. I always wanna sing "WIth or without you" by U2 in karaokes but the high notes during the chorus or during the part... "Ohhhhhhhhhh! Ooooooooh!" scares me or rather I scare my friends! Haha!

Nuff said... will bury my head somewhere.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Love that song :)

Another hard to sing song is 'Always' by Bon Jovi. Gila babi! Darn difficult!

I think I shall stick to singing songs by Backstreet Boys or something.

10:09 AM  
Blogger frostee said...

backside boys you mean. Oh please no! I will live with the U2 and JBJ songs. Hahah!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Bernice said...

Oh dear, karaoke just scares me to death...

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is for you:
"I am the saddest when I sing,
and so are those around me."

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home