Monday, January 08, 2007

First Post of the Year

Reminisce

Yup, it is 8 days into the new year and only now do I have the time to sit down and come up with a post for my blog. At first I thought of writing something pretty special, you know, since it is the first post of the year and all. But between my job, Christmas activities, New Year revelry and my on-the-side projects, I just couldn't find time to come up with a post which was worthy of the hallowed Hodgeriam blog *cough choke*.....ah well, you get my drift.

Looking back at the year that was, I can't help but be amazed at God's goodness and grace. The year 2006 was the 'Year of Increase', as shared by the leaders of my church. Throughout the most part of the year however, I recall barely being able to see any sort of increase in my life. It was all one struggle after another, one stumble after another. I almost thought that I've missed out on the promised increase through my own ineptitude.

It was only at the end of the year that all of God's promises seemed clearer. That it all somehow came divinely came together. And you know what, it was more than what I had even dared to hope or ask for.

One verse which resonated strongly within me during the latter parts of the year was Ephesians 3:20.

Now glory be to God, who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of - infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes.

Powerful isn't it. The verse says 'beyond what we would ever dare to ask or even dream of'. I am sure all of us have big dreams. I know I do, I dream big all the time.

So here God is, saying to me that whatever my dreams are, no matter how big I may think they are, it is nothing compared to what He has in store for me. It is practically like comparing a puddle of water with the Pacific ocean, a grain of sand with the Sahara, a single blade of grass with the vastness and might of the Amazon. Our dreams, my dreams are THAT insignificant when compared to the plans of God.

The thought of that fills me with a renewed sense of hope and courage. That as long as we put God first, and follow Him, the results and rewards will be far beyond what our limited minds can fathom.

Amazing. Then again, I have an Amazing God :)

The year 2007 is the Year of Venture, and with it comes new journeys, new territories and new mercies. I don't know about you, but I absolutely can't wait to see what God has in store for me. It's gonna be a blast.

Shown below are some photos taken during the last few days of the year 2006. Enjoy.


(above: My church had it's very own original Christmas production, and it was fantastic!)


(above: Hwee Yen, Norman and Janice as Amy, Michael and Lisa)


(above: I was initially supposed to play the role of James, an arrogant spoilt brat. I wonder why. I couldn't though due to my tight schedule, but in the end, Shahnon gallantly rose to the challenge and he was magnifique!)


(above: Liang doing his thang as only Liang knows how)


(above: My old friend, Alex aka Fei Chai had his wedding on Christmas Eve. I can't believe he is a married man now. But married man or not, I still think he looks like a Furby, don't you agree?...hahah)


(above: We had our Christmas countdown in my girlfriend's house. However, due to the fact that a large portion of the night was spent watching Borat (and getting grossed out by the sight of two naked adult men wrestling in a hotel room, I refrained from posting up any photos lest I offend my more mature readers)


(above: The baby has grown!)


(above: The girls used to blame me for grouping them under the 'Ugly Boys Clan', I have no idea why. Frankly, I think they like the idea of it more than I do)




(above: We had a Christmas gathering at Adrian's house. It was a pot bless, so everyone was supposed to bring a particular dish. As always, everyone ended up bringing wayyy too much food)




(above: Daniel showing his manliness by dissecting a poor, headless turkey. Hou man ah!!)


(above: You're never too old for...ermm..Alice in Wonderland)






(above: Speaking of Daniel, did anyone notice his nicely sculpted eye-brows? Hou man ah!!)




(above: We toasted to these cups of bubbly. I know they look like liquified candy floss, but you know what....they probably are. One cup alone is enough to send any diabetic to the ICU)


(above: Proof that watching Borat can be a bad influence. Alvin and Jon developed a penchant for man-on-man wrestling. Thankfully they kept their clothes on...I think )










(above: Brothers-in-arms)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good!!!
Great Encouragement!
God is awesome!!!!!!!!
I always believe that! :D

1:46 PM  
Blogger Janice Yap said...

year of venture here we come! an amazing, fast-paced year passed us by so swiftly. God has been so good, i can't wait to see what He's got up next for us :) i wanna FLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! am believing God for greater things...

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i am impressed with this siteā€¦

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://markonzo.edu readopts bardsley http://aviary.com/artists/Adjustable-Beds http://blog.bakililar.az/biofreeze/ kalymnos mcglynnone http://newassignment.net/user/helzberg_diamond http://blog.bakililar.az/prilosec/ minimizes http://www.foodbuzz.com/blogs/1876308-allegiant-air

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home