Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Read this post you must. Fulfil your destiny, you will.

Tan Seri Dato’ Dr. Vader

Alright, my more discerning readers may have deduced by now that this particular posting will be a bit heavy on Star Wars-related content. The reason? I have finally watched Episode III, and my life will never be the same again!!

Urmm, okay...I'm exagerrating a bit here.

I caught the show last Friday night at GSC, Mid Valley. As fate (or the Force) would have it (although I don't believe in fate), one of my more Star Wars-obsessed friends miraculously managed to obtain 40 tickets for that night itself. Yup, you heard me. 40!! Before I could even question the sanity of someone who could pull of such a ticket-hogging feat, my 'survival' instincts took over and I quickly snapped up 2 tickets from the booty.


A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.....*cue Star Wars theme*

So what did I think of the movie? Basically, it rocked! I won't touch on the special effects contained in the movie because we all know ol' Uncle Lucas will never disappoint us in that area right?

Alrighty then, on to the movie. To keep things short, I will summarize (in no particular order) what I loved about the movie in the following, easy-to-swallow, quick-to-digest, bullet points.

  1. Jar Jar Binks makes an appearance (ugghhh), but hurrah!... he doesnt utter a single word (bravo bravo, clap clap).
  2. The special effects in the opening space battle were amazing. For those of you who have dreamt about huge, packed-to-the-gills-with-weaponry, mutha-stinkin ships doing battle in space (am I the only one??), this scene's for you.
  3. Natalie Portman looks as cute as ever.
  4. We finally get to see our beloved Emperor in all his scarred-face glory (along with a healthy dose of lighting-from-fingertips shenanigans....oooooh)
  5. Wookies are tall, Yoda is short. Just the way it should be...ahhHHhh
  6. Anakin's transition to the dark side is well paced, and heart-wrenchingly done. Props to the scriptwriters!
  7. The worlds are very, very faithfully recreated. From the fiery, lava-filled rivers of Mustafar to the lush forests of Kashyyk.
  8. R2D2 + spark gun = lots of funny droid antics.
  9. No more icky, hamsap, spine-tingling love scenes between Padme and Anakin.
  10. Hey, it's Star Wars!!

All in all, this movie managed to redeem my faith in George Lucas and it makes for a fitting end to the Star Wars saga (or should it be the beginning?). Go watch it if you haven't already, or else forever consumed by the dark side you will be!

PS: Check out this Star Wars-based link, absolutely hilarious.

Restaurant 39

Last saturday night, I went to this new restaurant at Darby Park called Restaurant 39, and it is located on, surprise surprise, level 39. The place was pretty nice, but be sure to request for outdoor seats if you want to fully enjoy what the restaurant has to offer. Picture this, fine dining on an open veranda with the stars shining above you, a cool breeze blowing through your hair and an unobstructed view of KL's shimmering night skyline. Magnifique!

The prices were reasonable, but the quality of the food was nothing to write home about. As I left the restaurant, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to couples who are looking for a romantic dining spot…

…just be sure to stop by Jalan Alor for a delicious bowl of beef noodles on your way home.

2 Comments:

Blogger ::Lord Apprentice:: said...

i still thought the scenes involving padme and anakin was cheesy as hell...

scriptwriters should have done better! i wonder where han solo was during all this. miss the dude.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

He was most probably galivanting around the universe picking up hot alien babes

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home