Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Back to Reality

Good-bye beautiful beaches, hello car-infested highways

Those of you who read my last post would know that I went to Lang Tengah last week for a holiday with a few friends of mine. Well, I just got back yesterday morning and am currently in no mood to get any work done in the office whatsoever! So here I am, on a tuesday afternoon, in my office, spending time blogging when I should really be attending to the piles of documents stacked on my desk. Ah well....


I miss the beach already!

This was my second time visit to Malaysia's east coast and it was just as great as I remembered. The skies were blue, waters were crystal clear and the snorkelling was excellent. What more could a guy ask for on a holiday? Anyway, I won't blabber on too much now.

As the old adage goes, 'A picture is worth a thousand words'.



(above) : This is the beach which fronts our resort. Idyllic bliss.



(above) : Ok, it's not really a 'group' photo due to the fact that I'm not in it. Arggh...the curse of being the one with the camera!



(above) : This is the terrace where we have most of our meals. We Malaysians just love dining outdoors eh.



(above) : I don't like basking in the sun too much, I get dark way too easily (and when I say 'dark' I mean 'charcoal-burnt-bangla-lookalike' dark)



(above) : My girlfriend and I enjoying a peaceful time under the shade of the swaying coconut trees. Thankfully, no coconuts were injured in the shooting of this photo.



(above) : I'm squinting coz the sun is bright. The sun is bright coz we're on an island. Duh.



(above) : Ahhh, isn't this a romantic picture?



(above) : You jump, I jump. My two friends dabbling in a spot of synchronized gay-ing.



(above) : Yes, there were male models on the beach. Obviously, these 2 aren't one of them.



(above) : Yi Yin, Angie & Janice sitting by the sea, K-I-S-S-I-N...ermmm, alright, not quite.



(above) : Arrrr, 2 blood-thirsty pirates! Avast matey!!



(above) : Saturday Night Fever



(above) : Beware the great white shark. It attacks love handles and butt cracks.



(above) : ZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz.....



(above) : Thar She Blows!! Beached whale spotted ahoy!



(above) : There's always time for a good game of Chor Tai Di



(above) : Blue Coral resort at night



(above) : He (Cheng Jin) thought that the ten of clubs is the largest card in Chor Tai Di. He was sadly mistaken.


All good things come to an end?

It sure is tough to get back into the rhythm of work after having spent so many days by the beach. Holidays have a way of making you see things in perspective. You realize that life is truly more than just one huge, giant rat race.

Alas, life goes on. I'm back to my normal routine for now, eagerly looking forward to the next holiday, the places it will see me, the people I will meet, and the fond memories it will bring.

Till then, I'll be right here in my little rat cage, furiously working out on the treadmill of life. Hey you can't blame me, I've got a race to win.

4 Comments:

Blogger ::Lord Apprentice:: said...

hahaha....awesome pictures man...and equally awesome captions..haha

the first picture killed me. i wanted to jump into my monitor and exit at the beach! argh!!!!!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Good eh. Dang, I wish I was lying down on the beach right now! It sure beats sitting in an air-conditioned office ... bwahahahhaha.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

David: Ermm....actually, the 'thumb' on your foot is not called a thumb. It's commonly known as a Big Toe ... hahahahah.

I'll show u the rest of the pics when I see u on sunday dude. You wouldn't believe how gay cheng jin can be *shudder*

9:13 AM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Bitchy fun?...oerrr!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home