Monday, May 30, 2005

The Sky Was Purple This Morning


A New Record?


Wow, has it been 6 days already since my last post? I think it might be a new personal record for blog-inactivity! Let me check, hmmm....it turns out that the longest period between posts for me is 7 days. Darn it, if only I postphoned this post for another 2 days! So close...sighhh.


Busy as a Adrenalin-pumped- Redbull-chugging-Beaver

The 3 main reasons for my blog hiatus? Work, work and WORK! Yup, the dreaded 4 letter word which induces more terror and fear in the hearts of the average joe than an afternoon spent watching Twin Happiness reruns on TV3.

It's not as morbid as it seems though. The majority of my time was spent not on serving the evil-megalomaniacal-organization, which to me is simply known as 'my company', but on laying down the groundwork for this business idea I have. Remember, you heard it here first (what exactly was it that you heard?...ermm...ummmm...*fidget fidget*)

I could tell you what my grandiose idea is all about, but then I'd have to kill you (or at least permanently remove your internet access....*shudder*).


Hodge-Podge. Who the %@$#$ are they?

In case you've forgotten (and you most probably have, admit it! Dont lie!...*sob sob*), Hodge-Podge is the name of the band me and some church mates formed a few months back. We had a band meeting yesterday to discuss the future and direction of the band (wahhh, sounds soooo canggih) and we came up with a list of songs which we would like to include in our repertoire. Feel free to give your feedback on this list.
Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway
U2 - Walk On
U2 - With or Without You
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal
Sting & The Police - Every Breath You Take
Todd Agnew - Your Kindness
Santana & Michelle Branch - Game of Love
New Radicals - Someday
Velvet Revolver - Loving the Alien
Los Lonely Boys - Heaven
Cranberries - Close To You
Cardigans - Lovefool
Gwyneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis - Just Cruisin'
No Doubt - Dont Speak
No Doubt - Spiderweb
Jimi Hendrix - Cocaine
Third-Eye Blind - Semi Charmed Life
Counting Crows - Accidently In Love

Purple Sky, Purple Haze

So what has this post got to do with the title so far? Well, on my way to work this morning, I let my eyes wander for a second and I realised that the entire morning sky was enveloped in brilliant shades of purple. As I looked further upon the horizon, I spotted the sun as it ascended slowly amidst its cushions of lavender clouds. Amazing! Kind of makes you realize just how beautiful life is and how amazing God is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Thanx. We wanted to do songs which, when we look back 5-years from now, wouldn't cause us to cringe in embarassment.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home