Thursday, August 04, 2005

Imagine They Are All Naked

The Day Draws Near...

The BIG day is tomorow! After a whole weeks worth of practice, sweat, tears and prayers...the time has finally come. The time for us to show the world what an amazing, miracle working God we serve! My more discerning readers might suspect, from my mentions of 'prayer' and 'God', that I am relying on divine intervention to see my band through. Well, you are absolutely right!...hahah.

Really, it is truly because of God that my band HodgePodge even made is this far. From the way He has seen us through the auditions, helped us in our practice sessions and united the band as a whole; God truly deserves all the credit, praise and glory. Like the song by Planetshakers go, 'It's all about You' :)

Why Naked People?

As I prepare for the performance, this old adage on how to cure stage-fright popped into my head. "Just imagine that you are standing in front of a room full of people, and everyone else is naked".

Anyone care to vouch for its effectiveness?


(above : Double humbuckers + Marshall = Annoy the crap outta my neighbours)


(above : My two trusty axes. I got my first guitar (the acoustic guitar) when I was 17. I only purchased an electric last year...so yea, I'm a relative newbie when it comes to distorted bliss :))


(above : Seagull and Ibanez, Ibanez and Seagull)


(above : That's Jon Koo doing his Richard Clayderman impersonation on the keys. In the background is Eric Thoo, our guitarist)


(above : Here are the remainding HodgePodge members. From left to right, Janice, Norman and Eu Jin. Once again, I'm stricken with the NIPBHC* disease)

*NIPBHC = Not In Photo Becoz Holding Camera

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sending good luck vibes right now......

10:42 AM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

and I'm receivin em'. Thanks! :)

11:47 AM  
Blogger NickTay said...

Praying for u guys bernard!! Knock them dead!! :)

11:53 AM  
Blogger disco-very said...

hey what's this for? good luck, hope to hear more about your band from here on in! :)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Nick : Thanks Man! Wish you guys could be there to cheer us on...hahah

Disco-very : Are you from GTPJ? Anyway, thanks for your message!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey good luck to Hodge Podge!!.. i'm pretty sure the first prize belongs to all of u!!..haha

~aili

10:06 PM  
Blogger Bernice said...

oh my gosh you WOn!!!!! My good luck vibes worked!!!!

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home