Thursday, November 10, 2005

Our Jobless Graduates

60,000 is a big number!

Yes, that's the number of jobless graduates we have in good ol' Malaysia. That's 60,000 people with nothing to do during the day other than loiter around shopping malls, laze around at home and bitch about the government not helping them enough. I know this can be construed as an unfair generalization, but this is MY blog and I can say whatever I want...ho ho ho. Anyway, if you are one of those aforementioned jobless graduates and you feel offended by what I just said, let me just say this to you...

"What in the world are you doing browsing through blogs when you should be out there looking for a job??"

My point exactly.


Spoon feed me, Spoon feed me!!

Out of those 60,000 jobless graduates, you would think that at least some of them would wisen up and seek to acquire more marketable skills instead of just blaming the government.

First on the list of things they should do is brush up on their atrocious English. Have you spoken to some of our local graduates lately? My goodness, I've spoken to toddlers who made more sense linguistically...and they haven't even been toilet trained yet!

Second, they should seek to improve their level of self confidence. Tell me, have you ever asked a person a question, only to have the person mumble out an incoherent reply? or pretend to not have heard your question? or shift his/her weight from foot to foot while emitting a stream of 'umms' and 'errmms'? I seriously pity what some employers have to go through.

Third of all, they should just quit WHINING about how the government is not providing enough jobs. Yes, our economy might not be soaring at the moment, well boo-hoo to you! What are you gonna do about it? Sit at home and whine to mommy and daddy or go out there and look for a job? Sad to say, most of our jobless graduates choose the former. How pathetic.


Totally unrelated

Here's an interesting fact for you. Please do NOT think that this is RELATED IN ANY WAY to Malaysia's unemployment situation.

Did you know that the Britannica Encyclopedia, a few years back, once listed 'Malays' as the 'laziest people in the world'? I am NOT saying that I agree with them (I do think that it is a classic example of Mat Salleh arrogance. Even if it were true, and I am NOT saying that it is, who gave them to right to generalize an entire race?)

Anyway, like I said, the reason for me revealing this fact has NOTHING TO DO with the earlier portion of this post.

No relation whatsoever.

PS: I got these links from a friend. Go check out Malaysia Today and Maobi's Blog for some interesting insights into our jobless graduates.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Correction, jobless graduates do not want jobs, they want an easy life (preferably without having to work for it).

That's the crux of the problem, the mentality of our local graduates. Our government sure has succeeded in coddling them since they were born, why should the coddling stop now that they are fully grown adults who are perfectly capable of working? I say let the coddling go on till our whole country degenerates into a barren wasteland.

11:14 AM  
Blogger MaoBi said...

The coddling is at the expense of your tax dollars. I wouldn't are if these folks were being useless on their own time and money but the problem is when the rest of us have to pay for it.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Bernice said...

People still do that, generalize about an entire race. I still get crap like "you're asian. you're supposed to be good in math." uh, definitely NOT.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Well, I do believe that races can be generalized to a certain extent. However, some people go overboard with the generalizations and end up becoming bona fide racists.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home