Friday, September 15, 2006

Moonshine

Laundry Bar @ the Curve



I dropped by Laundry Bar last night to catch several live performances by our local bands and also to meet up with a few friends. I reached there at around 10:30pm and the place was freakin packed! Ughh...if I had known that it was going to be so packed I would have thought twice about coming. Listening to live music is no fun when you're squashed between loads of sweaty, head-banging guys. I know some of my more 'gay' readers may find that a turn-on, but I digress.

The music wasn't that great. The sound guy must have been sleeping or something for the mixing levels were pretty bad. Most of the vocals were overpowered by the instruments, leaving the lead singers standing there, silently opening and closing their mouths like some sort of badly dubbed Japanese serial.

In the end, me and my friends decided to find ourselves a table outdoors, away from the crowds and badly mixed sounds. Oh yah, I also heard that Pete Teo was going to be performing next. A good reason as any for us to make our way outside...hahah.



Alright, for the more observant of you, I know that I'm wearing the same shirt that I wore to Maison a few weeks ago. I also know that it is very obvious because the pictures are just a few posts below, but c'monnnn... there is a time gap of 2 weeks between the two! And in that 2 weeks, my shirt has been washed and ironed, and it smells very nice and clean okay.

Sighh...next time I better plan my outfits according to the pictures I have posted in my blog.

So there we were, sitting outdoors, having a few drinks and generally talking crap when my friend Tak Shune decided to indulge in a little bit of flashing and 'accidently' ripped a huge hole in his pants. He claimed it was an accident, and that it was caused by a screw which was protruding from the chair. But me thinks he is a liar!..muahah.



I also bumped into an old friend of mine, Kimberly Chin aka t00thfairie. I've known her ages now and some things never seem to change, meaning we always have a lot of interesting crap to talk about when we're together....hahah. She's also been confiding in me about her recent 'love issues', but being the stubborn girl that she is, she always ignores all of my astoundingly good advice (chocked full of pearls of wisdom, I might add). Shocking, I know :O



Since most of us are working folk, we didn't stay that late. I reached home at around 2:00 am and tried to get some shut-eye, but was kept awake by the incessant barking of my neighbour's dog-from-hell. I tell you, the owner had better do something to keep that animal quiet during the wee hours of the night or else I'll be forced to take drastic action (and compain to my mom).

Hah! That will teach him!

So in the end, I only managed to get in around 4 hours of sleep...ugghhh. Thank goodness it's a Friday. I can't wait to hit the sack again tonight.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM GOING TO KILL YOU FOR WRITING THAT!!!
oh my gawd.
HAHAHA
The rest are fine, but MRS. LIN???
*yells in a psychotic manner and faints*

4:26 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

hahah =) Hey, Mr.Lin has never seen my blog before. Maybe I should invite him to view it eh...muahahahah

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know where you live.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Bernice said...

I LOVE that place! We went there like every Friday while I was there! Woo!!!

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loser.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home