Monday, August 22, 2005

Chocolates and Winners Champagne



Chocolates Everywhere

I managed to catch 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' last night at Summit's GSC. For those of you who's wondering 'why in the world would anyone who is sane choose to go to Summit?', let me just say these 3 things. It's near my house, tickets are always available and parking isn't a problem...so quit wondering.

How was the show then? Well, I will say the show was pretty average. I had high expectations initially, after hearing some of my friends rave about it and after reading some pretty positive reviews of the movie. The movie is based on a children's novel by Roald Dahl, a gifted children's book writer who was born in 1916. Hmm...Roald Dahl. I do feel sorry for a person who's surname is synonymous with 'roti canai dip'. Thank goodness the bloke lived in England and not in Malaysia eh.


Montoya You Fool!

People who know me well would know that I'm a certified car nut (I really DO have a certificate! Ask me and I'll show you). Being a certified car nut, it's a given that I like to watch F1. As anybody who watches F1 would be able to tell you, there is only one driver worth rooting for... Michael Schumacher (I can just about hear all the cries of indignation from M.Schumacher haters out there).

Well, sad to say my man Schuey is having a pretty horrible season this year. With the championship out of his reach this year, the race has basically turned into a 2 horse race between Raikkonen and Alonso. Naturally, I'm rooting for Raikkonen. I mean, who wouldn't? Alonso is wayyy too young to be crowned a world champion in my book. He's just a young punk. An extremely blessed and fortunate young punk. An extremely blessed and fortunate young punk who I'd love to trade places with...sighhhh. Oh well, the envious green monster aside, I still think Raikkonen is the superior driver and deserves to win the championship this year.

So imagine my horror when on the final 2 laps of the race, with Raikkonen in the lead and Alonso in 3rd, second place man Montoya did a complete bungler and went off-track after being rear-ended by a car which was 3 laps down!! C'monnnn...what in the world??!

What on earth could have made him try to overtake a car which was 3 laps down via such a risky overtaking maneoveur? Arggh, it boggles the mind. Anyway, due to his moronic mistake, Raikkonen is now still trailing Alonso in the championship race by 24 points. It could so easily have been 22 points darn it!

Alright, calm down. There are still 5 races in the season right? If Alonso crashes out in 3 of them, that would mean that Raikkonen still has a fair chance right? Sounds good to me.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go put the final touches to my Alonso-voodoo-doll. It will be ready by the bext race, I promise you *cackle*

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bernice said...

I thought the movie was good. Then again, I was with a very cute guy, so it would be good. hehe....

10:21 AM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

It was alright. Not as good as I expected it to be. For me, the movie's saving grace was in Johnny Depp. He is one seriously good actor I tell ya.

And I agree with you, a cute companion will turn any dull show into a movie worthy of an oscar...hahahah.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home