Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Dawning Of A New Year



A Time for Reflection

Another year has gone by and yet another lay rolled up before me, yet to be unfurled. I wonder what things are in store for me for the year 2006. Looking back, I would say that 2005 has truly been a good year for me. One of the best I've had for quite some time, God knows I needed it. Of course, there were mistakes made along the way, decisions acted upon which I'd sooner regret. After all, I'm only human.

There were things which I was struggling with for as long as I can remember......

Skeletons in my closet...

Ghosts in my past...

Chains of bondage holding me down...

I can vividly recall the feelings of helplesness, the feeling that I was on a self-destructive path which was spiralling ever so downwards. Never again do I want to set foot on that path, not through my own strength but by His grace and mercy. I am not perfect, and I never will be, but perfection never was and never will be what God desires. These words stuck by me in the closing phases of the year...

"Salvation that died just to set me free"

2005, a year which bequeathed me with such fond memories. I'll definitely miss it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Happy new year to you too man! Let's all trust God for a great year :)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Bernice said...

I talked about ghosts of our pasts in my recent post too!! Weird... Great minds do think alike...

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chains of bondage holding you down?? haha..

Happy New Year, Hope you have a splendid year ahead!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

chaz : I dont mean that kind of bondage...hahahah. It's a figurative form of speech.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home