Monday, January 16, 2006

@#$%& the Workshop



She's whole again

My car, which somebody chose to so graciously back-into in my church's parking lot, has finally been repaired. The damages weren't that bad, just a few knocks and scratches, but anyone who knows me will know that I am extremely particular when it comes to my car. Any dent or scratch is enough to send me into a rabid frenzy. For a whole week (that's 7 days, 168 hours, 10080 minutes, 604800 seconds!!...argghhhh!), I've had to put up with driving around in a car with a shattered parking lamp, messed up bumper and misaligned fender. Oh the ignominy of it all!

Practically the whole of last Saturday was spent at home, waiting for the repairs to be finished. The stupid workshop I sent it to, which was a last resort coz my regular workshop was packed to the brim, promised me that it will be done by 4pm. Mind you, I sent my car there like 9 in the friggin morning, so I naturally assumed that 7 hours was sufficient for them to wrap it up.

When I dropped by the workshop later that day at 5pm, lo and behold, there sat my car with its front fender still covered in patches of red plaster, looking like it had just been mauled by a herd of angry beavers. The parking lamp was not replaced yet, and not a speck of paint was sprayed. @&#%@$!! The owner of the workshop apologized and 'assured' me that it will be done by 7pm. Yea rite...and my name's Aunt Betty :P

I called them at 7 pm only to be told that the car will only be done at 8:30 pm. By the time I finally got my car, it was close to 9 pm, a whole stinking 5 hours later than they initially promised. Now you know why I hate dealing with sprayshops.

Sighhh....whatever happened to the quality of our local labor.

7 Comments:

Blogger NickTay said...

Somebody in church banged into your car? Who?

9:45 AM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

nick: He is alvina's friend, a new comer to church..heheh.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm.. that workshop looks vaguely familiar. i think i got conned there sometime last year.

darn idiots.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

david : I sent him the bill liao, he offered to pay...thank goodness. Censor my number plate?....hmmm, good idea. I wouldn't want some radicals to burn down my house...lol

8:47 AM  
Blogger NickTay said...

hope he comes back :) Muahahaha :)

11:01 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

nick: And I hope he doesn't park anywhere near me...lol

8:43 AM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Conspiracy!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home