Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Shake Your Booty

Melaka here we go, oleh oleh oleh

On the first weekend of March, me together with several other dancers will be making our way down to Melaka to perform a dance for Hitz.FM's birthday bash. We'll be part of Liang's (soon to be more popular than Mawi and Siti Nurhaliza combined...hyuk hyuk) performance, dancing to 2 songs - his hit single 'Show Me Watcha Got' and his rendition of 'Let's Get It Started' by the Black Eyed Peas.

We've been practicing these 2 songs over the past week, with another week and a half to go before the actual performance. That's pretty tight, especially since I've never performed these songs before. Ah well, at least I could always rely on my self-jotted, stick-man dance notes to help me out :)


(above: Now let's see, was it a step, step, twist? or step, twist, step? Argghhh!)

Drink Anlene, for strong and healthy bones

Learning new dance moves when I'm in my mid-late 20's sure is different compared to the stuff I did when I was in my teens I tell ya. I guess that's what happens the older you get. Your body becomes less accomodating and your mind can't absorb new stuff as fast anymore...hahah. Sighh...soon the only dance I'll be able to do is the 'Senior Shuffle', where you pirouette around the dance floor with a walker in one hand and a inhaler in the other.

Well, with only a few more sessions left before the actual dance, I'm pretty pumped up. I've always enjoyed performing - the bright lights, anticipation, euphoria, and satisfaction of a job well done. I just wish I had more 'perform-able' talents such as singing. Now that would be cool!

Oh well, dancing is something I enjoy too, and I believe that the Melaka event is gonna be great. Ahhh...it's something to tell the grandkids about :)


(above: My poor aching feet)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh cool..... I'll be working during the b'day bash as I'm with hitz. Get as many of your friends to join us since it's opened to the public. I'll get Nimal and gang to come along. :)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

anonymous : who are u ler? pervert lee ar?

8:23 AM  
Blogger ::Lord Apprentice:: said...

hmm..i think thats my loser friend sher. hehehe..

sher! stop anonymousing ppl! haha

1:32 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Sher? As in Cher?...wahhh.

Sher : If that's really you, yea, try to get Nimal's ass down to Melaka ler...hahah

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. it's Sher, and Nimal, you're the loser, not me. Wh works for the coolest radio station in Malaysia? Me. Hah.

Yeah so anyway let me know if you're going to Malacca Nim coz I can get corporate price for the hotel we're staying at.

4:14 PM  
Blogger ::Lord Apprentice:: said...

First weekend of march eh? Hmm..too bad, i'll be in Pangkor!! hahahaha

who' the llooooooosers now?

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah....... Pangkor is sooooo last season! Honestly dude, bring a really good book along because there's absolutely nothing to do there. Wait a minute..... maybe that's the whole point. Hm....

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home