Monday, February 13, 2006

November's Chopin is Excellent



Getting back to my roots...*chiangggg*

I've become a pretty big Jay Chou fan as of late. Yes yes, you can say that I'm super outdated, but I admit that it wasn't until only recently that I was exposed to his stuff although he has already been around for quite some time.

While I've always liked songs sung in Mandarin, I've never been a big fan of all those China & Hongkie singers, with the exception of perhaps David Tao, Jackie Cheung and a few other more normal ones. To me, the majority of them can be described with one word - Gay. Them and their fancy-pancy costumes. They look like a bunch of fruit cakes prancing around on stage. Look no further than Leon Lai and Aaron Kwok to get what I mean. Ugghhh...so gay.


K'ung-Fu-Tzu Says....

While my music preference has always gravitated towards English genres such as rock/alternatice, hip-hop....I'm curently experiencing something of a Chinese renaissance. I've been listening to more and more Chinese songs, and this has led me to discover a few gems by fellows such as Wang Lee Hom and Jay Chou.

What can I say? Their stuff is pretty bloody excellent. And this coming from a guy who has no idea what in the world they are singing about (my mandarin vocab is limited to 'wo ai ni', 'ni ai wo' and other basic phrases like that).

I strongly recommend that you check out Jay Chou's latest album entitled 'November's Chopin'. Pay special attention to track number 3, a song called 'Fa Ru Xue' (Hair Like Snow). It's my favorite in the album and if you find that you also like it, you know who to thank. As of now, I'm in the process of 'perfecting' several Jay Chou songs on my girlfriend's karaoke machine at home so that I can 'impress the pants off' (or scare the crap out off) my friends the next time we hit Redbox...muahahah *evil laughter*. Let me know if you're brave enough to come along.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home