Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday Night

It's getting late



I glance at my clock, it says 7:45 pm....

and it's a friday night.

Heaving a sigh, I walk over to my window and breathe in the warm evening air as I listened to the busstle of traffic beneath me. How strange, the feelings of isolation as one stands here. Suspended hundreds of feet in the air, so close yet so far.

I gaze out at the dark silhouttes of the buildings scattered before me. Row after row, they fan out. Stretching towards the horizon, as majestic as a retreating wave after it hits the shore. Their dark forms are illuminated by faint moonlight which trickles down from the inky blue heavens. A blurry twinkle of lights emanate from their half-opened windows, the only indication of human activity.

Looks like I'm not the only one working late tonight.

The office's air-conditioning suddenly feels cold. Turning away from the window, I move back to my desk. The numbers 7 and 50 blink cheerfully from the digital clock atop my pile of documents and folders. What a stark contrast with the lifeless feel of an emptied office.

I feel alone.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bernice said...

Oh you poor thing...

8:19 AM  
Blogger Inoku said...

hey nice laptop background ^^

3:01 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

bernice : thanks for your...ermm .. concern...hahah. 7:45 is actually not tat late, I've stayed till past mid-nite before...but it's just that particular night that my office was strangely empty.

Kinda depressing especially on a Friday night =)

inokku & monich : thanks for your comments. Are u both from GTPJ?

4:00 PM  
Blogger bethany said...

I totally dig your blog -- its awesome.
I know how friday nights can stink-- but you found a great way of portraying it!

3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should cherish the moment and seize the opportunity to shake your booty and sing on top of your lungs.

10:20 AM  
Blogger frostee said...

working late on a Friday evening huh? Hope your weekend was more R&R for ya!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

t0othfairie : Advice taken..hahah

f.o.n : My weekend was alright, considering the fact that I fell sick on Sunday...urk. I dont know what's wrong with me man, that's 2 weekends in a row that I've been sick...yeesh. Maybe I'm allergic to blogging ... hahah

bethany : Thanks for your support and comment!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry forgot to say who i was
inokku is Enoch in japanese ^^

6:39 PM  
Blogger frostee said...

Gosh... or even worse... you are allergic to weekends. Imagine that! Noooooo!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

If I'm allergic to weekends then there's no point in living anymore ... ahahah

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home