Monday, October 30, 2006

Workshop Blues

It started with just some minor vibrations...



I hate sending my car to the workshop. No matter how pristine you think the condition of your car is, the mechanics through their sheer genius, will somehow always manage to find 5 other things in your car which needs replacement lest it cause your car to blow-up in a gigantic fireball while chugging along the federal highway (killing many innocent civilians in the process and making you wish that you had spent the measly RM100 to get the faulty component fixed in the first place).

Over the past few weeks, my car began developing slight vibrations when traveling at above 140kmh. Thinking it was just a minor balancing problem, I sent my car to a nearby tyre shop to have the wheels balanced.

What, to me, was supposed to be a simple job costing less than RM100 bucks ballooned up into a RM1500 bill. Seeing my ashen face, the mechanic hurriedly offered to give me a small discount (I don't think their insurance covers customers fainting and dying in their premise as a result of bill shock).

In the end, I forked over RM1340 to fix a myriad of problems, from a balding tyre to a misaligned camber. There goes a portion of my savings for the month.

Bugger.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger frostee said...

Whoah... just a portion of your savings for the month? Good to see that you saving some dough. Keep it up dude!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Bernice said...

It seems like that happens everytime you bring car in- they find a million things wrong with it.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

fon : It's a very very BIG portion of my savings :(

bernice : Yea, I think they teach that in mechanic school. The course is probably called 'screwing your customers 101'

7:26 PM  
Blogger ::Lord Apprentice:: said...

im gonna sell my car and start using a motorcycle. Its economical. I can actually save money. who cares if its dangerous and not weather friendly. Who cares that i'd probably get run down by some deranged lorry fella...

by the time i get run down, i would have saved enough money to buy myself a posh burial spot and a diamond encrusted coffin. whoopee!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

Make sure I'm invited to your funeral :)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home