Sunday, November 12, 2006

Making A Decision

Status Quo No More

It's been 10 days since my last post. I don't know why, but even with all the free time I've had over the past few weeks, I just can't seem to find the inspiration necessary to come up with a post which will not put my readers to sleep after the first 2 sentences. (My posts usually put my readers to sleep after 2 paragraphs, which is a great achievement me thinks!)

Yup, I have been relatively free over the past 4 weeks. Not surprising actually, considering that I've been unemployed. Yes ladies and gents, I have uttered the dreaded 'U' word. No, not 'underwear' you nitwit, UNEMPLOYED!

Some of you may already know this, but I left my previous employer around a month ago. I know I know, most people would ask why in the world did I leave before securing a new job right?

Well, without trying to sound corny, I left early because I felt it wasn't right for me to continue accepting my pay when I wasn't giving a 100% anymore to the company.

Alright, there is NO way of saying that without sounding corny.

I'm not claiming to be an extremely noble individual or anything like that. But I just felt it was the right thing to do. After only around 3 months into the job, I realized that the IT industry was not where I wanted to be 10 years from now. I just couldn't get myself sufficiently excited over software solutions and system integrations and bla bla bla. Sorry to all you IT folks out there who get goose-pimples and tingling feelings up and down your spines whenever somebody mentions the words 'system development life cycle', 'object oriented programming', 'database mirroring' and 'tivoli/websphere/lotus/(insert name of boorish IT product here)', but it's just not my cuppa tea.

Having said that, I would really like to thank God for recently blessing me with 3 new job offers. I'm currently contemplating on which one I should accept, as they all each have their attractive points. I hope to be able to come to a decision by next Monday, not much time, I know. Ah well, I'll just have to pray hard :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck bro, may you find success wherever it may be. 'Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart'! :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger frostee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:12 PM  
Blogger frostee said...

Ops... sorry for inserting the wrong comment earlier.

Anyways... Good to hear that you have some other offer. All the best.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Bernice said...

That was a really noble thing for you to do... What are you looking into doing from now on?

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

choose the one at dataran prima,

12:41 AM  
Blogger jaemyc said...

i'm in similiar situation. Just left my job of 3 months. Only thing is.. i'm a fresh grad. Heh.

Was blog hopping and came across urs. Interesting reads u got here.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home