Friday, April 27, 2007

Goodbye to Old Faithful

A GTi till the very end



In approximately a week or so, I'll be saying goodbye to my trusty Satria GTi, a car that has served me well for over 2 and a half years.

A car which accompanied me on journeys up north and down south...

On twisty, snaking roads and arrow straight highways....

From the congestion of city traffic to the free-open spaces of Malaysia's rolling terrain.

We went through a lot, this car and I. In all of this, the car never once complained. Faithfully whirring its motor to life every morning with an enthusiastic bark, it served as my daily commute day after day and when the roads called for it, it still managed to heroically cling to the corners, all four wheels squealing with pure abandon.

Motoring thrills don't get much cheaper and more compact than this. From the very first day that I had it till now, it was and still remains a true-blue Gran Turismo Iniezione.

It'll definitely be missed.


God is Great

I didn't expect to be changing cars this year actually. I've always planned to keep my GTi until I've successfully achieved several career & financial goals I set for myself when I started working a few years back. Little did I know then that these goals would be met, with much thanks and glory to God, before I turned 30.

Psalm 37:4 - ‘Delight thyself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart’

The verse above is amazing isn't it? We always think that somehow, when asked to trust and follow God, we'll be required to live a life full of suffering and material inadequacy. The verse above is really encouraging to me as it shows that not only does Jesus love you, but He cares about the things you love as well.

So take heart in the verse above! It's not like I've achieved super rich-dom, or like I'm replacing my GTi with a Ferrari or anything, but I do believe that this is just one of God's blessings and that He has many more in store for those who have faith in Him.

Amen!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger frostee said...

goodbye Gti!

So what new car are you settling for?

3:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, GTi!

Great tribute entry. My turn to reach for my goals!

David[woohoo!]

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home