Monday, February 27, 2006

Jog, Jog, Jog

Jogging and Me

There was a period in my life where I religiously jogged every alternate day. Without fail I'd don my running shoes, do my stretches and head on to my usual jogging trail.

Those days are long gone (Alright, it was only around 2 months ago but it feels like a long time!).

Over the past few weeks, I've degenerated into a lazy %#$@ who can barely cram one jogging session into a week. There is always an excuse for not heading outdoors - the weather is too hot; it looks like it's gonna rain; there is this absolutely fascinating show on RTM 1 which I just HAVE to watch (which is a lie because the only people who watch RTM 1 are 2-year olds and household plants) and yadda yadda yadda.


I Will Survive!!

I can feel myself becoming soft. Whereas I could previously jog quite a considerable distance in one go (bear in mind that this is all relative), I now find myself wheezing and panting like an asthamatic old geezer after a couple of steps.

This will never do! At this rate, I'll be one of those typical pot-bellied old men by the time I hit 30. Never!!! My vanity will never allow it!

There's a glint of steely determination in my eye. In fact, I've brought along my jogging attire to the office this morning, ready to hit the trails at KLCC park after work. I will resume my normal workout schedule even if it kills me!

If for some reason I don't make it back alive this evening, you guys know where to find me. Oh yah, and bring along a stretcher as well....and some oxygen....and a bar of snickers. Urk!


(above: I'll probably look like this)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bernice said...

hey hey there! haven't visited your blog in a while... how are ya doing?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

bernice : I'm doing good, and urself? Glad to see u've updated ur blog again after such a long hiatus :)

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home