Monday, April 30, 2007

I Hate the Holidays!

Ooga Ooga

Now before you go thinking that I am some work-obsessed peon with nary a social life, let me first say that I love holidays with a vengeance. In fact, the slightest whiff of a holiday is enough to elevate me to a higher state of consciousness, and send me running around my garden clad in nothing but a bamboo leaf skirt whilst tossing grains of rice into the air in homage to God, and how in His divine wisdom saw fit to bless us lowly homosapiens with the abstract concept of a holiday.

Ah yes, holidays. Lovely things indeed.

Not this holiday however. You know how Murphy's Law goes right? That things will somehow conspire against you at the most inopportune of times. Well, this is one of those times. In the entire year, the very one period which I do NOT want to have any holidays suddenly gets peppered with 3 off days! And each day off means that I'll have to wait a further 24 hours before getting my hands on my new baby...*sighhhh*

First, we have the King's coronation. I mean c'monnnnnn! Just toss the darn sash over his shoulder, dump the crown on his head and be done with it. Need we declare a national holiday just for that? *grumble grumble*

Secondly, who's genius idea was it to put Labor day on the 1st of May? Of all days in the year, why 1st of May? I think it's utter bollocks. I hereby declare that Labor Day shall be on some arbitrary date such as the 14th of May, or the day after I get the keys to my new car, whichever comes last.

Thirdly, I think that all banks should be forced to stay open 7 days a week irregardless of holidays. Just think about it, banks are very important businesses!! What if a poor little old lady desperately needed to withdraw RM50,000 in order to pay off a loan shark who is after her for not repaying the loan she took to purchase crucial medication, and found that she could not due to the fact that all the banks were closed??! Loan sharks are vicious fellows, even towards lil' old ladies *shudder*.

In light of this compelling argument, I hereby decree that banks be required to stay open....forever! Muaahahah!

Alright, I'm babbling on here. My notions are rubbish, and I guess I'll just have to wait like every other single person for the banks to reopen their crummy doors on Thursday morning and continue processing my car loan. In the meantime, I'll just continue to stare morosely at these pictures, waiting for the day till it's finally parked on my front porch.

I hate waiting :P

For the less car savvy amongst you, the car you see below is a Silvia S15 (no, it's not a Putra :P), imported fresh from Japan. It cost me RM150K, which means I'll probably have to spend the next few years hanging around chinese coffee shops during lunch hour and subsisting on the bits of yee mee and kuay teow which fell off the wok. But hey....it's worth it :)







11 Comments:

Blogger ::Lord Apprentice:: said...

certainly looks like a putra..hehe..

1:12 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

#?!$@%!!!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i can't wait~ i can't wait~ Best Friend, take me for a ride!!!!!!!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

chong: Wahhh...I didn't know you're registered on Blogger. Do you have a blog of your own?

Yes, I will definitely take you for a ride. Make sure you sign an indemnity form before you get in yah...hahah.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sheesh.
nice meh?


hahahahahahahahah

3:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

toothfairie: %@$#%@!!!

3:43 PM  
Blogger vincent said...

Putra ROCKS!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Janice Yap said...

can't wait to go for our long drive with this car like we used to with tweety... :)

11:44 AM  
Blogger frostee said...

Woo hoo... a new set of wheels! Nice! Enjoy dude!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! definitely the most unique putra ive ever seen! how much did u spend to make it to look like so much like a silvia?

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah.. i like this car. i always think putra is nicer then satria because of the backside. nice nice. the white make d car even nicer! congrats!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home