Friday, March 03, 2006

Parti Keadilan against Petronas

My first protest

I didn't actually take part in a protest, don't be silly. I was merely a spectator to one. It was about 3pm today when I received a message from my friend saying that there was a protest going on outside of KLCC. Apparently, a group of Parti Keadilan supporters were protesting over the recent 30 sen increase in fuel prices, and they were calling for the downfall of Barisan Nasional.

It was pretty interesting. For those of you who, like me, have never seen a real life protest before, here are a few pics.


(above: Shout shout shout)


(above: Chant chant chant)


(above: The policemen were out in force)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger NickTay said...

Greats pics :) Did you actually go to KLCC to take them? hehe

5:16 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

nick : Yea, i walked for 5 minutes in the friggin hot sun just to catch it. And before you ask, Yes, I had nothing else better to do...hahaha

5:25 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

David: Why? u want to print your own banners and have a protest issit? ... hahah

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Care to transcribe what the loudspeaker guy was saying? All I heard was ... Naik, ... Naik.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

They were shouting 'BN...bla bla bla, BN.... bla bla bla'. I think they were basically calling for Barisan to buck up, or step down, or something.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"BN pangsai BN pangsai"
"BN gila BN gila"

That's what I heard.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Bernard Yong said...

RM45 full tank for a kancil? Wahh, quite a lot oso leh. How far can u go?

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home